Thursday 26 April 2012

IDF Combat Fighter Sings About Battle Trauma


* Translation from Arutz 7
Fighters’ Pain
First night alone, I sit and write you a letter
About everything that happened, what exactly happened

Letters appear on the wall; "I am fear, nice to meet you"
The characters like to play
They move here in the empty house

And you do not know how much I tried to hide from you
The nightmares. The screams and blood on the uniform
You do not understand that I am no longer me
The pictures from that night are running
The tears, the pain of the warriors

It’s the first night you're there, I lie there thinking, I do not fall asleep
The silence is slowly playing I dedicate to you a song with no name
A song with no name.

No comments:

Israel, Jerusalem, Judaism, Zionism, Middle East, Aliyah, Conversion, and everything else that pops up