Tuesday 27 December 2011

Chanukah 2011

Sufganiyot~Mmmmm
Time flies so quickly and this year is no exception! I had intended to do some stories but time has limited me to a few pictures. Work, bad weather and flooding in my flat has kept me occupied. 

 I plan to take a few more pictures on the way home tonight, as this is the eighth and final night of Chanukah.  In Jerusalem we light as soon as it gets dark so I will make this brief and head out! 

The picture at the left is from the Mahane Yehuda out-door Shuk in Jerusalem. Sufganiyot are traditionally cooked in oil to symbolize the oil lamps that burned for eight nights. They are delicious and they disappear as fast as they are put out!  

Here are some snaps from the beginning of the week...Chanukah Someyach!

Chanukah Candles~Typical Glass Box for Out Doors



Large Menorah behind Paris Square, Jerusalem


Chanukia Boxes Along My Street, Jerusalem


Large Chanukia are Everywhere!

Some Families Really Enjoy Chanuka!

No comments:

Israel, Jerusalem, Judaism, Zionism, Middle East, Aliyah, Conversion, and everything else that pops up