Tuesday 19 July 2011

Beware! Do Not Buy This Stamp...A Hoax?

I just received and email with a long list of information about the issue of Muslim stamps in the USA. Can this be true? Well,  yes and no. I did a bit of searching~stamps commemorating EID have indeed been issued, and they have been around for about eight years~maybe longer. 

Apparently the US Administration (including dear old George W) has been "reaching out" to Islam for some time now with EID stamps such as the one on the left! It seems to be the standard design.

The email I received specifically mentions Obama, and there is a long list of reasons why "To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors".  We are advised to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp, when purchasing our stamps at the post office. I can agree with that, but out of curiosity, was anyone boycotting the first release eight years ago~adamantly or vocally? Usually, these types of stamps are optional, and all one would have to say is "No thank you, I do not want that Muslim Stamp on my letters!"  But again, I wonder if anyone has done so?

To be honest, I have not seen such a stamp, but what really caused me to look closer was the image included in the message. Look at the stamp to the right--Zazzle.com is a site where you can order all kinds of "custom" prints, including stamps. The butterfly and hearts are a nice touch ! 

As much as I dislike just about everything about the Obama presidency, I don't think we can glue this one on him. Besides he's already pulling a huge "honey-wagon" behind him and it's getting bigger and bigger !

While I am not going to add the list of horrors that Islam has brought to the world in the past years~we are all too well aware of them~I will pass on the last part of the message as that is no hoax... 
 
Honor the United States of America !

No comments:

Israel, Jerusalem, Judaism, Zionism, Middle East, Aliyah, Conversion, and everything else that pops up