Tuesday 10 July 2007

Haredi Protests and Gay Rights

I am so tired of reading about "Gay Pride" and the horrible Haredi protests that I must add my own two-cents worth. Jerusalem is known worldwide as the Holy City, and as such various religious groups come here to worship. The idea of a gay parade is an abomination not only to the Haredi groups, but to other Jewish, Christian and Muslim groups as well.

The city of Jerusalem was forced to spend untold dollars to insure the protection of "gay rights", while the street they were parading down were filled with people who are hungry and have no place to sleep--I don't see any "Gay Donations" helping them out. In fact I would be interested to know if the gay rights people do anything for anyone other than themselves??

My message to the gay pride people is this--Why don't you hold your parade in Mecca?? I'll tell you why--because you'd get your throats slit. You come to Jerusalem because the people here are decent, so you take advantage of this decency to desecrate the Holiest city in the world.

I don't care one way or the other what people choose do do with their sex lives--as long as they keep it in their own bedrooms where it belongs and don't parade it past my front door expecting a vote of approval.

No comments:

Israel, Jerusalem, Judaism, Zionism, Middle East, Aliyah, Conversion, and everything else that pops up